Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Why Did You Decide to Use a Pen Name?



I happened upon an article today at Angela Scott's Writing & Whimsy blog. She had read an article that claimed writers choose a pen name so they can produce less than good writing. I won't get into that debate, but I was curious about the motivations for those of us who have opted to use a pen name.

Little Shepherd was published under my married name, but when my next book comes out this fall, it will be under the name of C.C. Gevry (my two initials and my maiden name). I didn't want to muddy the waters of my "faith-filled journeys for kids" brand by publishing a secular book under my married name. I am creating a separate online presence for C.C. Gevry too, even though many people know it's me.

Why did you choose a pen name? Is your pen name a reflection on a family name?

No comments: