On the first day, we spoke about what a writer should do before her book is released. Some of the suggestions that came from this discussion were:
- Set up a blog, but be sure not to talk only about your book. Also, be sure if someone leaves a comment on your blog, return the favor.
- Set up a website.
- Create your social media accounts.
- Have a list of reviewers handy, so you can mail books out once they arrive.
- Join appropriate organizations.
- Guest blog on other sites to help spread the word about your upcoming release.